WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

The world of blogging is brand new to me and I hope that I can receive as much information and help from my fellow educators that I can.

I am very interested in finding new and exciting ways to integrate technology in my physical education/health classes. I welcome any new ideas that anyone may have to implement in the gym with my middle school students.

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Using the GAME Plan Process with Students

My NETS-T standards were:
Design and Develop Digital-Age Learning Experiences and Assessments
Model Digital-Age Work and Learning

NETS-S standards: Creativity and Innovation

Every week we have added on something new to our GAME plan, and I think that was great because that gave us a chance to evaluate what we were doing for it. I have gotten great feedback from my classmates and colleagues are helping me improve my ideas about my GAME plan. After looking back at the NETS-T and checking out the NETS-S standards I found that my two standards of the NETS-T matched the first standard of the NETS-S which was creativity and innovation.

I have my classroom blog page (3B) prepared but I have not tried it out yet in class because I'm doing it next semester. I will use it for everything from daily classroom assignments to getting information home to the parents. I hope that my parents get involved with the blog so they can help their children out when needed. They can also know exactly. What their child is doing in my class and they don't have to worry about getting the information from them. I don't know how well this will work because I don’t know how many of my students or their parents will use it.

With my second standard (2A) I try to promote student learning and creativity on a daily basis. I feel that with the help of technology it gets the students more involved and interested in what you are teaching therefore it will help them with their learning and creativity. I am currently using computers, internet, smart boards, TV, DVD players, and videos to help add technology into my lesson.

3 comments:

  1. Roderick,
    I think your blog will be a helpful tool for your parents and your students. All you can do is try it and see what happens. Good luck!
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Roderick -
    I also think your blog would be a helpful tool also. I saw the comments you wrote on my blog and, I agree with Jennifer in that all you have to do it try and see what happens and possibly make any adjustments. Unfortunately, it did not work too well with my classes, but I may have not approached it as well as I should have in terms of posting assignments every day and keeping up with everything. Parents would look at the assignments and then email me more about if their child handed it in and asking for grades. Once I changed it to just supporting and fun facts, I seemed to have gotten a more positive response from the students. I just found it too much with being a head volleyball coach, being a class adviser and then posting daily assignments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Roderick,
    You seem to have a really positive outlook on your GAME plan experience and that is nice to see. I just wanted to see that it is refreshing to see a physical education teacher utilize the different types of things you have tried in the classroom. I would imagine that sometimes it is especially challenging to go through with the ideas that you come up with for these courses and it is nice to see that you have been pretty successful doing so, keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete