WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

The world of blogging is brand new to me and I hope that I can receive as much information and help from my fellow educators that I can.

I am very interested in finding new and exciting ways to integrate technology in my physical education/health classes. I welcome any new ideas that anyone may have to implement in the gym with my middle school students.

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Monitoring my GAME plan

My GAME plan has not change a lot from last week because I am not doing my lesson until next semester, which is January. I am learning new tools for using technology in the classroom every week in the learning resources that we must read, and the videos that we watch. I do feel that I will be fully prepared and my students will love my lessons.

I feel that everything that I have done so far will help me to accomplish the goals for my GAME plan. I have my parent letter for my students to take home that explains what we are doing and how the blog will work. I already have the computer lab reserved for next semester so that the students can see what a blog looks like and how to use it. I have gotten permission from my administrator and the school district so that I can use a blog for my class because without permission, in our district, a blog would be blocked and I would not be able to use it. Vicki Davis said in the video that one of the benefits of using online networking sites for teachers and students was creating a blog (Laureate, 2009), so I am ready to add this benefit to my classroom. In addition, another tool that Vicki talked about this week that I feel that will be very helpful with the blog is to use a RSS Reader (Laureate, 2009). With this tool I will be able to manage everything that is added to the blog and I will only have to look in one place.

I am very confident that my blog will work, but I am still wondering how my students will react to the new tool that I add to my class. I know that my students will have internet access at school, but what about the ones that do not have access at home. I hope that their parents will get involved and maybe take them to the local library or a friend's house to use the internet. After adding this to my lesson, I can evaluate how many of my students and their parents use the blog. If it works well, I will add it to all my Health classes and this will enhance my student's ability to use technology for their success!

Resources:
Laureate Education, Inc. (Executive Producer). (2009). Integrating Technology Across the Content Areas. Baltimore: Author.

2 comments:

  1. Roderick,
    It appears that you have it under control! Great job! I have thought about running a pilot blog or wiki with a few of my students just to get the feel of the entire experience.
    I would be intersted in seeing discussing or seeing the letter you have for your parents. I like to cover all my bases.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Judy,

    I will have to get your email address so I can send you a copy of my letter.

    ReplyDelete