WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

The world of blogging is brand new to me and I hope that I can receive as much information and help from my fellow educators that I can.

I am very interested in finding new and exciting ways to integrate technology in my physical education/health classes. I welcome any new ideas that anyone may have to implement in the gym with my middle school students.

Friday, December 24, 2010

My Final GAME Plan Post

As I look back on my GAME plan I am very happy to say that I have learned a lot of new things that will be to the advantages of my students. My students have not had the chance to use my classroom blog because I’m going to use it next semester, but I feel that I am completely prepared and they will love the blog. I am so glad that I took this class because I have learned so much about technology that I can now use in my class. I have my parent letters to send home so not only will my students be involved so will their parents. I have permission from my administrators and my school district to have a blog for my class because blogs are not usually allowed for our classes in my district. I am very excited and I can’t wait to put my blog into my student’s lives.

For my second goal, I have already secured my people in the community to come and speak to my students. For my middle school students our high school is a place that they all look forward to going to so I got all my people from there to come and talk to the students. The principal will come and talk to them about expectations of a high school student at his school. Our football coach will come and talk to the students about things they need to do to be successful in everything they do, and some of the high school football players will come and speak on doing the right things and working hard to accomplish the things they want in life. For my students this will really make a difference because they really look up to everyone that is at our high school.

One immediate adjustment that I will make to my instructional practice regarding technology integration in my content area as a result of my learning from this course is I will use a digital storytelling activity for my final for my health class. I will give the students a chance to pick from any chapter that we discussed and make a digital storytelling activity for their final exam. Before taking this course I would have never thought of anything like this I would have given the same test that I always give at the end of the semester. The students will love this idea for a final and these are the type of things I have learned with taking my master classes.

No comments:

Post a Comment