WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

The world of blogging is brand new to me and I hope that I can receive as much information and help from my fellow educators that I can.

I am very interested in finding new and exciting ways to integrate technology in my physical education/health classes. I welcome any new ideas that anyone may have to implement in the gym with my middle school students.

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Monitoring My GAME Plan Progress

One of things I have planned for my class is doing my class blog. In a previous Walden course, we learned about blogs, and I still have my blog today. For my class, I must continue reading and asking other colleagues about their classroom blogs. I will give my students the opportunity to go to the computer lab so that they can visit different blogs and get familiar with using them. I must make sure I monitor my students in the lab so that I can make sure they are on the right track. Before I introduce it to my class, I may have to go back to the site and refresh my memory on how to use it. I don't think I have to change my plan because I feel that my blog will be great for my students. Dr. John Ross stated that digital technology provides more flexibility for teachers (Laureate Education, Inc., 2009). With this flexibility my classroom blog should be great.

To enhance my students learning and creativity I have been giving the students ample opportunities to use any technology available to them. Video, computers, and projectors are some of the things we use in class. Like Dr. Katherine Cennamo said, in order to have creative thinkers we must make our students confident in what they are doing (Laureate Education, Inc., 2009).

I am glad that I have concentrated on what I'm going to do next. I really want to try the classroom blog with my next class I get in a few weeks. I want to make sure I got everything together before I start my GAME plan.

Resources:

Laureate Education, Inc. (Executive Producer). (2009). Integrating technology across the content areas. Baltimore: Author.

3 comments:

  1. Roderick,
    Since I am implementing blogs in my classroom too, I think it's a good idea to take your students to a computer lab and give them time to look and search through other blogs. What blog sites are you letting them look through?
    It sounds that you are well on your way to completing your GAME plan.

    -Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amy

    Thanks for the encouraging words for my GAME plan. I think I'm gonna use the blog sites that we have in our walden resource center: blogger, classblogmeister, edublogs, wordpress, and teachersfirst.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Roderick,
    Okay, great idea. Can't wait to hear about your progress and evaluation this upcoming week.

    -Amy

    ReplyDelete