WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

The world of blogging is brand new to me and I hope that I can receive as much information and help from my fellow educators that I can.

I am very interested in finding new and exciting ways to integrate technology in my physical education/health classes. I welcome any new ideas that anyone may have to implement in the gym with my middle school students.

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Module 4: Graphic Organizer




















This week we evaluated the way that DE can provide as much and in some cased more value add to the learning process then F2F, The debate rages on regarding how to create the proper environment for DE students. From the reading and in my personal experience student participation in various medium provide not only an environment that supports learning but one that requires students to make a concerted effort to their educational experience. With these tool communication and collaboration can happen at will as opposed to once or twice a week in a predetermine space at a predetermined time. My graphic organizer was an attempt to illustrate all of the opportunities to communicate, collaborate or just acquired more information. These technological tools allow learners to continue to share information or exchange idea outside the virtual classroom and with little or no time zone consideration. The technical tools were chosen because they are easy to use, readily available and already part of every/business life. The short learning curve allows students to begin to collaborate and communicate immediately.

3 comments:

  1. Russel,
    Nice job on your graphic organizer. The wonderful thing about these technological tools is that they are easy to use and very accessible. By offering students opportunities to utilze these tools in distance education courses we are better equipping them for employment in the 21st century.
    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Russel,
    Very nice and interesting graphic organizer. I like how you added in research and reading assignments, those were two very important ideas that can go a long way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Russel,
    As I view your graphic organizer I see that you places skype under collaboration. I have heard of skype but really do not know much about it. Can you provide some background knowledge about skype? Your graphic organizer was well presented.

    ReplyDelete